To apply to the MSc in Finance, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Holding a validated Master 1 or Bachelor's Degree equivalent (Bac+4 equivalent to 240 European credits ECTS)
- By way of derogation, students holding a Licence 3 diploma or an equivalent (180 European credits ECTS) with an excellent profile may be accepted.
This program welcomes graduates from engineering schools, management schools and universities. Depending on your profile, you may need to acquire first some fundamentals by elearning . It is important that you have a clear comprehension of the finance sector and activities to be able to develop and implement your professional project over the 18-month program.
For students interested in the Quantitative Finance & Data Analytics specialization, a strong background or ability to acquire techniques in a few weeks in mathematics, computer science, physics and/or scientific courses such as econometrics, economic forecasting will be necessary.
Applications to this specific program are currently closed. All key dates for the next intake will be provided soon.
At emlyon business school we take an applicant's entire potential into account. Elements like your motivation to pursue the MSc in Finance, your background and career aspirations weigh just as heavily in our selection procedure.
You can apply through your personal space (program dashboard). You need to provide the following information:
- A résumé
- Two recommendation letters
- A copy of an official valid identity card or passport
- A certified copy of your most recent academic degree translated into English or French
- Official management aptitude test score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional)
- English proficiency test (optional)
The program will offer a choice of courses in French or English for the first semester. Most specializations are delivered in English upon the second semester. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the admission process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 3 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file
- Your video interview
- Potential face to face or Skype interview, if the Admission Board requires it
While filling out your application, you will be asked to record a video of yourself using an online platform. Your video will be submitted to the jury directly.
The video complements your online application and aims to increase understanding of what your motivations and career objectives are, and discover more about your personality, interests and experience.
Applications fees for the 2019 intake: €120