Lyon: an enticing European metropolis
Since the Renaissance, the banks of the two rivers, the Rhône and the Saône, that flow through the city, the Fourvière basilica that dominates the city centre, and the Old Lyon, are sights that make Lyon an extremely pleasant place to live in.
Indeed, Lyon is :
- The 6th largest region in Europe: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
- France's leading host region for international companies: 900 foreign-owned companies (with more than 50 employees) employing around 165,000 people.
- A major European university hub, with around 180,000 students. Lyon has been recognised as the best city in France in which to study (Palmarès des villes étudiantes 2018-2019 - L'Etudiant)
- Lyon, ranked in the top 20 “best cities in the world” – Time out Index 2022
Campus life, the atmosphere, the variety of activities and opportunities (academic or not) are rated very highly by students and graduates, along with a very strong spirit of entrepreneurship.
45 student associations, 36 of which are on our Lyon-Ecully campus, are divided into 6 areas:
- The expression and culture unit
- The people and sharing unit
- The business unit
- The adventure and sport unit
- Media unit
- The school spirit unit
Discover the video of Sakshi, a first year student of the Master in Management - Grande Ecole. Listen to what she thinks about the program and the student life at emlyon business school!
Housing in France
When living in France, you will have to find an apartment on your own.
Searching for accommodation?
Use our dedicated housing platform housing.em-lyon.com. With our partner Studapart, access hundreds of exclusive offers: studios, flatshares, homestays… and benefit from personalized support throughout your rent!
From applying to booking, take all your steps online on the platform. To get started, click on “Tenant space” and sign up using your school’s login credentials or your personal email address.
Book accommodation online to benefit from the Studapart Guarantee and support from a team of multilingual experts available 6/7d.
You don’t have a guarantor living in France? Studapart can replace your guarantor over the whole duration of your stay.
A guarantor is a person bringing financial security and attesting you are creditworthy. It’s difficult to rent a place in France without a French guarantor. In most cases, student residences and landlords require that your guarantor earns income in France.
You can get the Studapart Guarantee directly on the platform and add it to your rental application to find accommodation on the Studapart platform or anywhere else!
A question ? Send them an email at email@example.com!