The course grasps the two key words of "theory" and "practice", highlights the "research-based" teaching process and ability training.
The course content covers 13 teaching topics with both internal relations and special theoretical value and academic functions. They are:
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics is the theme of all the party's theories and practices since the reform and opening up;
- China’s economy opening up and reform since the 1970s, its accession to the WTO;
- The transformation of major social contradictions and the entry of socialism with Chinese characteristics into a new era;
- The general task and strategic arrangement of the development of socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era;
- Building a modern economic system to boost high-quality economic development;
- The political development path of socialism with Chinese characteristics;
- Cultural self-confidence and socialist core values;
- People's livelihood security and social governance modernization;
- The value following and system guarantee of the construction of socialist ecological civilization with Chinese characteristics;
- The external environment and international strategy of the construction of socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era;
- One belt, One road, and the construction of the community of human destiny;
- China and the world, geopolitical context in the 21st century;
- China’s business environment, inward and outward foreign direct investment.